Floor installation is a tricky thing. Sure, you’ve seen a television show that promises how easy it is, but watching a half hour TV show and doing the work are two different things. Taking care of a small, perfectly rectangular bedroom might work, but how about working on your 1500 square feet of living room, kitchen, and entry ways? And what do you do when you get to an oddly shaped area and you don’t have the right tools to make it work? A number of home improvement stores will hype the ease of installation when using their products and sometimes they’re right. If you’re thinking about a floor installation in a large area of your house, here are a few things to consider before making the decision to do it yourself:
- Your back will probably hurt. No matter what, you’re going to be doing a lot of moving around, bending, crouching, and kneeling on your knees. If your project will take you more than a weekend, it might be wise to call in a professional to save you the pain and discomfort you’d experience doing a floor installation on your own.
- Pulling up carpet is no easy task. There are so many variables to consider when you’re looking at pulling up a carpet. If it wasn’t professionally installed (and sadly perhaps even if it was), you could run into a snag when you see that glue was haphazardly applied directly to your concrete subfloor which turns an otherwise straightforward affair into a time consuming nightmare.
- The more complex the pattern of your wood is for your floor installation, the trickier it will be to install it. Perhaps you’ve always dreamed of a herringbone pattern, diagonally placed planks, or a checkerboard-style design. The more complex your pattern, the more likely you’ll want to let a pro tackle that job for you.
- Choosing the right type of wood for your home can be a difficult task. Some types of wood work better than others for particular situations. It’s important to do your research to figure out what type of wood will be best for your desired use. At 7th Heaven Floors, our project managers have the experience necessary to help you choose the wood that works best for your lifestyle and décor.
- Having a beautiful wood floor can increase the resale value of your home. Solid hardwood has always been a standard for beauty and durability in flooring. Hardwood floor installation almost guarantees that your home’s overall value will increase. When the value of your home is on the line, trusting the job to a trained professional ensures that your flooring is done right the first time.
If you’ve decided that hardwood floor installation is the way to go in your home, consult the experts here at 7th Heaven Floors. Contact us today and let our experts help you plan the right floor for you.
- How to choose color for your NWA floors
- Tips to keep your NWA Hardwood Floors Fabulous
- Furry Friends and Your Hardwood Floor